Friday, October 25, 2013

Changes

Why is it Winter

Ok, this is something that seriously annoys me about Northern Kentucky and Kentucky in general for that matter. We HARDLY have a fall or spring which just so happen to be two of my favorite seasons because the weather is comfortable. Not too hot or cold, just enough to wear jeans and a hoodie and be comfortable. Here in NKY we did have a few days of really amazing weather like this, however, it is currently October and I'm scraping ice off my windshield, bringing out the North Face, and making hot chocolate. Wut. Is. Life. Don't get me wrong, I love love snow, but I can wait a few more weeks for that to actually have the time to enjoy fall. Sigh. Mother nature........

How in the Actual Heck do I Pick What to do For the Rest of My Life...

Ok for those of you who don't know me, I am (was) a nursing major and NKU. So yes, I still go to NKU (go Norse lolz), but I am no longer a nursing major. When I first tell people I changed my major from nusing they're always like, "Ohh I bet it was too hard..." Uhm no, actually, it really wasn't that bad. For one, it was the first semester of it, so it wasn't even close to touching on the hard stuff yet, however, I just began to realize that nursing is simply not for me. Why? There's several reasons that it came down to, but the biggest reason it pretty funny if you ask me. Obviously in nursing you have to learn about several diseases and disorders that a human can have or aquire, and me being the extremely anxious person that I am, begins to worry that I too have all these diseases and disorders. Call me somewhat of a hypochondriac: a person who has hypochondriasis, a disorder characterized by a preoccupation with body functions and the interpretation of normal body sensations (such as sweating) or minor abnormalities (such as minor aches and pains) as portending problems of major medical moment. Yeah, I got that definition from yahoo answers, but yolo. Seriously though, I am definitely partially a hypochondriac, and for obvious reasons, I really don't think nursing is the right avenue for me. SO I am left wondering: now what? I hit the books pretty hard (aka the NKU Undergraduate handbook which is incredibly helpful if I do say so myself...), and I discovered a major that seems as if it was created for me. Pretty much since I was a little girl, I had always gone back and forth between nursing and teaching as a future occupation. So of course when I realized nursing wasn't going to work out, I immediately began thinking about teaching. However, I didn't exactly see myself in a primary or even middle education setting, and I really didn't want to give up on science completely because I really do have a passion for it. So as I was flipping throught the undergrad handbook, I came across the Biological Sciences major. I discovered there were about four different tracks you could take with that, one of them being a teacher education track. Uhm hello?! Yes please. With this major, I will have a bachelor's degree in biology AND I will be certified to teach 8-12th grade. It's like the best of both worlds. I can choose to teach, but if that's not working out I'll always have that bio degree to fall back on.  It's quite fabulous, and I feel confident that this is a much better avenue for me. A lot of people tell me I'm selling myself short being a teacher, and it really makes me mad. I am going be the best damn biology teacher out there. Who says just because you're really smart you have to go out and be a lawyer or doctor. I know my personality better than anyone else, and I know that teaching in a high school setting, I will be happy. That's what really counts, right?

And now for a funny transformation... to prove change can be a wonderful thing

Madison and I from my 8th grade graduation (above obviously) to at some point in my senior year - thank geeeee for puberty
Well isn't that something.... So for all you pre-teens out there frowning in the mirror, don't worry we've all been there, and I promise there are better days ahead.

On that note, embrace change as much as you can because nine times out of ten it can't be avoided and is actually a really positive thing. I, personally, tend to favor change - a little bit too much at times. I like to change everything... a lot. I like to change my personality (like on a minute to minute basis), my taste in guys (country, gangster, pretty-boy, I've had them all.........), and I like really like to change minute things such as my hair color, room set-up, etc just to spice it up a bit. Okay that just sounded awkward whatever... BACKSPACE FOR WHAT?! Moral of the story: change can be good, bad, whatever, but it happens. Period.

Tid-Bits

1. Yeyeyeyeyeye the suprise I've been talking about is so soon, and I will definitely be discussing it in next week's post!
2. I want to hear what you readers (yewww rockkkkkk btw) want to hear more about from me. I'm up for anything, just email any ideas or questions @ perfectlyunperfectblog@gmail.com Woooo!
3. Do you ever go through a phase where you're like obsessed with one food in particular and you can't stop eating it and then all of the sudden the thought of it makes you want to vomit? Ugh. This happens to me all the time. It even happened with Nutella (I KNOW RIGHT LIKE HOW DO YOU GET SICK OF NUTELLA?! Idk... but I did.... It was a sad day). However, most recently it has happened with carmel apple pops.... sigh... I know my teeth will be happy at least.
4. I randomly think about my future husband about twice a day. I may or may not even know who the heck he is, but I will find myself thinking 'Hmmm, I wonder what my future husband is doing right now?' or 'I wonder what my future husband would say about this situation?' or here's my favorite 'I really hope my future husband is somewhat attractive so we can have cute babies :) :) :)' I'm weird I know, sorry.
5. My psych professor about had I heart attack when I told her I was only a freshman because of how well I'm doing in that class. Ok, like that class is seriously a joke it's so easy, but like half of the students are failing, and it just leaves me questioning how many unintelligent people there are in the world? Like have I just been surrouned by intelligent people until I entered college or what... I thought it was supposed to be the other way around. It's very peculiar, my friends.

ALRIGHT, well it's about eight o'clock which means it's about time for me to leave work and begin to enjoy this fabulous weekend ahead of me! Until next time....

Stay Classy,
Megan LouAnn

2 comments:

  1. I am an NKY native (I live in Lex now) and I know what you mean about how fall is skipped. Fall is my absolute favorite time of year I wish it would stay around longer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete