Friday, October 11, 2013

Stressing, Ta-ta Saving, and Photographing

Second Post Jitters?

I don't know if this is a thing, but it sure feels like it. Having a blog is pretty cool I must say, but a little strange assuming anyone and everyone has the ability to read what you post. However, I have to keep in mind that I'm not writing this blog to impress anyone, rather to express what I'm feeling, thinking, anything...

Stressing

Well, it's officially fall break! And I'm stuck at work... however, I have the rest of October weekends off which is a huge blessing, people. Anyways, I really believe we should have a fall break like every week... Seriously though, college can be so stressfull sometimes for no particular reason. I truly think the mere thought of college stresses me out. One night this week I was particularly feeling stressed for no reason, and the very next day my psychology professor lectured on how to deal with stress in college - freaky stuff right? No, that's just God's way of saying calm down, you're doing just fine, and a break is in your near future. Things like this happen to me all the time, and I truly feel it's God's way of speaking to me. I love it, and I believe He works like this for other people too, they just haven't noticed! So, next time you find yourself thinking, "wow, that's so strange - this is exactly what I needed" I bet you it was God helping a son or daughter out. He's a pretty amazing dude. Point is: yay for fall break because we all need it. The end.

Ta-ta Saving

I love October for so many reasons. First and foremost - fall. Fall is my absolute favorite season, and it's so unfortunate how short lived it is. There is nothing better than wearing jeans and a hoodie on a slightly chilly fall night. Second reason I love October - breast cancer awareness month. Yes, there are hundreds of different variations of cancer out there, and many people feel it is wrong that breast cancer get its own awareness month; however, there are other months dedicated to other types of cancer, people just don't know about them. I love the spirit of hope and strength that radiates during October. I love hearing the stories of the survivors and the fighters. I love pink, and I love to donate to such a good cause. Yes, people should be aware of cancer and breat cancer all year round, but October gives the cause a special push. It helps celebrate the survivors, fight for the fighters, and mourn, pray for, and honor those who have lost their battle. So, I encourage you to wear just a little bit of pink each day this October and to say a quick prayer every day that someday SOON there will be a cure. My third reason I love October is short and simple - Halloween. Candy, costumes, scary stuff. Yeah nuff said.

Finally, something pretty big is coming in October! It's a secret currently, but I can't wait to share with you once it happens. I have been looking forward to this for months now - eeeeeek! I'm too excited, but that's all I'm going to say until later!

Photographing

As I said on the last post, I really like photography, so I'm going to share a few photos from a mini photoshoot I did with my GORGEOUS younger sister, Madison.
Quick little spiel about Mady:
1. She is a sophomore in high school
2. She is a rock star at volleyball
3. This girl is like a solid three-four inches taller than me... younger sister... yeah...
4. Finally she is my absolute best best BEST friend in the whole wide world

Ok now time for the fun stuff - the photos!

I love this one of Mady. Her face is flawless, and she looks very relaxed and natural.


I had to throw a classic smile one on here. Tooo precious, and her hair looks amazing!


This is my favorite one - no clue why. She just looks at peace with the world, and I love the tigers on her shirt!

These photos were taken in my back yard since I decided on a whim I wanted to do a photoshoot. It's nothing special, but it's fun, and I think they turned out pretty nicely for:
1. Me being a complete amatuer - I want to take some sort of photography class though!
2. Having a pretty standard digital camera
3. Editing them on the photo program that came with my computer

If any one wants to model for me that would be pretty cool. Mady is gorgeous and all, but I can only photograph her so many times! But seriously! I would love to work with anyone - I have lots of ideas but zero models. (You don't have to be an actual model here people... I'm in need of a face!) If interested email me @ perfectlyunperfectblog@gmail.com :)

That's about all I've got for now... I hope you all enjoy your fall break (that is if you have one - if you don't, sorry for that spiel earlier about how awesome it is - keep pushing through, Thanksgiving break will be here before you know it!)

Stay classy,
Megan LouAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment