Thursday, October 3, 2013

First Post Jitters


The first post of any blog is so crucial yet so exciting! Allow me to introduce myself a bit (eeek, I always find this so hard to do!).

My name is Megan, and I am an 18 year old college student at Northern Kentucky University. I am striving for a BSN in nursing, and I will officially be applying to the nursing program in January - yay! My family is my biggest support group in the entire world. My mom loves me unconditionally, my dad is my number one role model, and my baby sister (although 15 years old isn't so baby) brings me endless amounts of joy each and every day. You'll soon find out one of my favorite things in the entire world is photography, so I will be incorporating a TON of pictures into my blogs.

Here's one of Madison (baby sister) and I!


This is from a photoshoot we did this past summer to promote Smith Digital Photography! She does an AMAZING JOB, and if you live in the NKY/Cincy area I would highly recommend her for your senior pictures or any other special occasions you want photographed! This was taken on the nature trail at a local park we used to go to quite frequently when we were little.

Back to introducing myself... I went to a fairly small Catholic high school where I played volleyball, tennis, and cheered. Yes - I kept myself very busy. I was also a member of the school newspaper because, clearly, I enjoy writing. More importantly than sports or extracurricular activites, it was here where I met some of my life-long friends: Caitlyn, Elizabeth, Lily, and Nikki. These girls have been with me through the good and bad, and there is no doubt they will all be in my wedding one day (now that's a crazy thought!).

Here's a picture from class trip of Nikki, Caitlyn, Elizabeth, and I (Lily wasn't able to go because she was having back issues :( )



And here's a picture from senior homecoming with Elizabeth, Lily, and I!


Such beauties! But really, these girls are amazing, and I'm so blessed to have them in my life. Elizabeth attends the University of Louisville, Nikki and Caitlyn attend Eastern Kentucky University, and Lily goes to NKU with me - yay! However, being split up has done nothing but made each of my friendships stronger. It really showed me how much I value their true friendship, and again, makes me realize how truly blessed I am to have found my absolute best friends!

I think that's the basics as far as my introduction goes... You'll learn a lot more about me along the way I'm sure, but I'm really excited to just share my experiences, good or bad, as I journey through an eventful time in my life!

Please feel free to contact me at perfectlyunperfectblog@gmail.com with anything you want me to talk about in my blog or to just say hey! I love meeting new people and would really appreciate any feedback you may have!

Stay classy,

Megan LouAnn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment